4.26.2010

treasure

I was recently at DI looking for "trash" to turn into "treasure" for my latest design project. I was walking around feeling lost when I saw the most adorable beat up suitcase.


My first thought was that I could turn it into some kind of planter for flowers. I walked closer and saw that the price tag was $15, which seemed like a lot for a beat up suitcase. I thought I would pick it up and inspect it anyway. It was super heavy when I tried to lift it. I decided to open it up and investigate.

Can you guess what was inside?


An Antique Sewing Machine


It had all of the parts and original user manuals. So of course I bought it. It was absolutely adorable. I took it over to Grandma Porter's and we took a look at it. It STILL WORKS!!!

I think I found a pretty incredible treasure.

No comments: