4.28.2010

18th birthday

I am so excited to officially be an adult. It really doesn't change much for me, but I feel like it is still a pretty big milestone. It is weird to think about all of the incredible things I have experienced so far and all of the things that have happened in only 18 years.

18 years ago..
LA riots
Johnny Carson Retires, J Leno becomes new Late Night Host
Bill Clinton was elected President

I don't remember any of those things, but here are some of the events I do remember...

1995
OJ Simpson Trial

1996
JonBenet Ramsey
Dolly the Sheep


1997
Princess Diana's death


1998
Monica Lewinsky Scandal unfolds



1999
Columbine Shootings
Y2K

2000
Bush/Gore Election

2001
Enron Scandal
September 11th


2002
The Euro

2003
War in Afganistan
Colombia Shuttle Disaster


2004
Bush/Kerry Election
Tsunami in Far East

2005
Hurricane Katrina

Pope John Paul II Dies
California Wildfires

2006
Fidel Castro turns power to his brother, Raul Castro

2007
Virginia Tech massacre
Bob Barker Retires
Crandall Canyon Mine Tragedy

2008
Obama/ McCain Election
Global Financial Crisis


2009
Swine Flu
Michael Jackson Dies

2010
Haiti Earthquake



Fads, Trends and Technology
Titanic
Tickle Me Elmo
Furby
Pokemon
Harry Potter
Backstreet Boys
NSync
Reality TV SHOWS
Ipod
Facebook
Youtube
Google
Wikipedia

So much has happened in the last 18 years... Even though I am only one person, I just wanted to thank all of you that have been a part of my life. You are all parts of what make me who I am. I hope that I can make you all very proud as an adult.

I love you all SO much!
xoxo

1 comment:

The Beginning said...

YAY! HAppy Birthday! hope you have a great day! 18 is a big year... live it up!